Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Little Boy is 1!!


    It's hard to believe on this day last year I had just turned 38 weeks in my pregnancy and had no idea by the end of the day I would be holding my son! It's amazing how quickly a year can go by. Lucas is a year old today, as unbelievable as that may be, I have a one year old. 

    We already had his party on the 30th of October (just so we could give them some space between their party’s, Haleigh’s birthday is the 13) it was so much fun and awesome celebrating but I still knew he wasn’t one yet. Now he is, officially!

    So how did it all go down last year?

    Well the day started off with me not feeling well, I just felt kind of off. I had just been in the office the week before where they told me my fluid was low and his weight was low, so to be on the safe side I gave the nurse a call and told her how I felt. She wrote down some notes and told me she would talk to the doctor and see what she or he thought. 

    So I got Haleigh ready and we headed to my school because it was my day off and I had some financial planning paper work to sign.  While we were down there (the school is about 30 minutes from my house) we met up with one of my really good friends. We were going to eat at Olive Garden, it happens to be right up the road from the school and it’s one of our favorite restaurants.  We finished up at the school and headed to eat, however we were a bit early so we decided to go down the street to Old Time Pottery, I still needed a rug for Lucas’ room. We walked around looking at all the things they had to offer. We found a rug I liked that had an awesome discount on it, paid, and left.

    We started to head back to eat finally; none of us had eaten yet.  That’s when I got the call. The nurse said the doctor wanted to see but at the main office (which is attached to the hospital) and asked if I could make. I wanted to make sure Lucas was safe so I said yes but I was a good 45 min away. I told her I would try to make it in the time frame she had given me. I dropped my friend off and told her I would meet her later and called David. I told him I needed him to get off work and go to the doctor with me; I just had a weird feeling. So he did and we met off the highway close to our house. We switched cars and rode in his up there because I was running out of gas (I didn’t think I would be in such a rush).

    We made it just in time and I was called back. They checked urine as usual and blood pressure (which was on the high side). I then went back to the waiting room. A little bit later I was called back to a room; David and Haleigh were with me. Dr. D came in and talked to us for a few minutes, I told him my concerns. He decided to go ahead and do an ultrasound to check on Lucas. My fluid seemed fine and Lucas’ heartbeat was good, but he was being sluggish and not moving like they wanted him to.  The nurse brought in some kind of device that she would put to my stomach and it would send out some sort of vibration (I have no idea what it was now). It was supposed to get Lucas moving or reacting. The first two attempts did not work at all and the third made him move a little. The fourth time they turned the “volume” up on it and Lucas reacted a lot more.

    Dr. D said Lucas looked fine except that he was not moving as much as he would like and the fact that my blood pressure was high. He then checked me. I was 3.5cm dilated, 70% effaced, and -2 station. He then told me they were going to check my blood pressure, if it was still high we were going to have a baby today. He told us there was no sense in waiting for something bad to happen when we fine to go ahead and induce. If my blood pressure was fine however we would just wait. We rechecked and it ended up still being high, so we were told to go to labor and delivery we were having a baby.

    Well there is part one of my Labor and Delivery Story. It was getting a little long so I am going to break it up into pieces.  





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lucas!!! Can't believe how time flies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lucas!! I can't believe how fast he's grown!

    ReplyDelete