Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It Came and Went (Pt1)

The Trip.........

The one we've been counting down too......

Yep, it has come and it has gone..........

So what happened?

We slept for a couple hours Sunday night and left our house around 12:30am. I was so afraid of being late or missing our flight that we ended up getting to the airport WAY too early. Even after stopping and eating and hunting down a lint brush at a Wal-Mart somewhere along the way.

We parked our car and caught the shuttle to our terminal. Getting our boarding pass took, like, three minutes. We were there before TSA even opened their security stuff. Next time we will know not to be so worried and we can sleep a little longer.

So after sitting around for a hour or so the TSA lines opened up and we went through security, which was a lot easier than I thought it was going be. I've heard all these horror stories about how bad they are and the hassle but we really didn't have any of those problems.

After security we made our way to our gate and waited around. It wasn't too long and the flight was boarding. We found our seats and settled in. The flight was about 2 1/2 hours and wasn't bad at all. I would have really liked to have known what I was seeing out of the window, but other than that it was great. 

We landed in Dallas and had to make a mad dash to our next plane. That airport is crazy and not at all connected the way it should be. We ended up having to take the Skylink to get to the opposite side of the airport.  We made it but barley.  This flight took about 3 1/2 hours. We at least had a movie during this flight; Monte Carlo, which helped pass the time a little better. 

We made it to LA around 9:40 PST. 

We got off the plane and headed out to find our car. Right outside of baggage claim there were shuttles to take us the the rental car places. Our reservation was with Enterprise, so we chose that bus and headed that way. 

Let me just tell you that was the scariest bus ride I have ever been on! People in LA are crazy when it comes to driving. This bus driver was way use to this and weaved in and out of traffic like it was nothing. I swear we almost plowed into a dozen people. 

We ended up getting there safely and getting our car. We rented a blue Honda Civic. It was a nice little car; a huge change from our huge Expedition.

We left the Enterprise office and headed to our hotel.  

More tomorrow :) 


1 comment: