Monday, June 11, 2012

Transfer Day!!

Well, today was the day!

Our transfer happened this morning at 9am pacific time. I can't even explain how excited and nervous I was/am. I am in awe of this whole process and the fact that we are where we are now. 

I couldn't sleep last night and woke up almost every hour. (From nerves and the fact that I just can't get use to the time change) We finally got up and ready around 6am. Then we went and enjoyed breakfast and took our time until we had to get to the Clinic. 

We needed to be there at 8:30am and we ended up getting there at 8:20am.

We went up and signed in.

We sat in the waiting room for maybe 10 minutes, then we were called back to our transfer room. We went over paper work and signed everything that needed to be signed. After being given a sheet I got ready for the transfer.
We waited for about 10 minutes and Dr. K came in and gave me a hug. (Have I ever mentioned how awesome a Doctor he is?) He talked to us for a few minutes and showed us the embryos. 

Out of the eight we had after fertilization we ended up with these two beautiful embies.

Dr. K said they were amazing quality and the best they can hope for. They are already starting to "hatch".  I was kind of bummed that only two made it because that means there are none to freeze if A & E wanted to do this again in a few years. But then again if these two make it they will have their hands full for a while. :)

Dr. K then left us again to go call A and talk to her about what was going on and what we were going to do.

When Dr. K came back he told us we were going to transfer both embryos and they were little girls!

We got ready and called for the embryos. 

After talking more and waiting they came in with the embryologist and into my uterus they went!


Dr. K hugged me bye and wished us luck and I laid there for 30 minutes or so. I was told I could go pee after 10 minutes but I decided not to chance anything and laid there the whole time. 


After the 30 minutes we got up and called the car to come get us and we went back to our hotel. 

We have been here ever since lounging in bed, hoping both these little miracles snuggle in and decide to stick around for the next 8-9 months.

Keep everything crossed for us!!


P.S. We recorded the transfer :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. wait.. they know that the two embryos are girls? Are you serious?

    ReplyDelete