Thursday, July 12, 2012

How Many Babies Do We Have?????

Ok peeps, are you ready to know how the ultrasound went?

Yesterday, Tuesday July 11, was our first ultrasound. I was excited and so nervous! You never know what you're going to see when you go for your ultrasounds. There is always that tiny fear in the back of your mind that something could go wrong. 

However in our case we had an amazing ultrasound! The BABIES looked perfect! Yep, you read that right. A & E are having TWINS!! How exciting is that?! I can't believe how perfect this transfer went. I am so very thankful that things are going so well. 

Both little girls seem to be doing amazing.  Both had great heart rates and measured well. Baby A measured 6 weeks 4 days and her heart rate was 129bpm. Baby B measured 6 weeks 5 days and her heart rate was 136bpm.

They are perfect! Our next appointment is Tuesday June 17. Apparently I will have more blood work and another ultrasound. It's crazy to have an ultrasound this early and now two. I never saw my own babies before 8 weeks and then after I did I didn't get to see them again until 12ish weeks. It's really cool getting to see these little beans so early. By the way I guess I should let you know our little nickname for our surrogirlies. We are calling them the Tinkletts. Our daughter loves Tinkerbell and she has said it was twins from the beginning and they are kinda magical the way this is all working so I think Tinkletts fits. 

Oh and as far as my blood work went I can't remember what my estrogen was (somewhere in the 1000) but my progesterone dropped to 18. This scared me to death, but apparently it's good and Dr. K just added in another Crinone Suppository. They are no worried and said that not all the progesterone is being picked up in the blood work.

So that's all I have for an update for today. I will leave you now with a picture of  our SurroGirlies!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. TWINS?!? How exciting!
    Congrats to A&E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to A&E! This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I have to ask...how did you already know they were girls?! Did they do testing beforehand?

    ReplyDelete