Thursday, January 22, 2015

Awesome Surrogacy Update!

EEEKK!!! I am so excited!! 

After talking to agencies and potential IPs and things just not working out or feeling weird, I think we have FINALLY found an amazing couple!
I was beginning to think this was not going to happen and I would probably end up with an agency again. Then M contacted me and we hit it off! She is so easy to talk to and I can see us being great friends. It already feels like we've been friends forever. 

Now, we aren't "officially" matched yet. That's because they do a test called a DQ alpha test. It's pretty complicated and you can click on the name to find out more. The short version is, I have to be tested against L (M's husband) to see if we are a match or partial match. If we match it is said that my body will send NK (Natural Killer) cells to destroy the embryo and a transfer would never work. If we are a partial match the same can happen but there are other options to try to prevent it. We are hoping I'm not a match at all and we can move forward! I will seriously be devastated if I'm a match. I am the 4th surrogate to be tested. It's suppose to be rare but for M&L not so much. 

I got the test kit Tuesday and ran to a place called Any Lab Test Now to get my blood drawn. They were really nice and quick. I got the two vials filled and sent off. The lab that does the testing received the kit back yesterday. Now we have to wait 14 days for the results! Talk about a new twist on the "2 Week Wait"!!


So please pray, cross your fingers,  or whatever it is you do that I'm not a match and we can get to the "fun" part!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment