Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Lord Is My Rock...

Over the last year my walk with the Lord has gotten closer. I think Haiti helped break down what was left of the wall that made me scared to have that close walk. Well, I don't know if the right word is "scared". It's more like the devil had a hold on the tail of my clothes and wouldn't let go. Haiti gave me the strength to kick him off. I am by no means perfect, but my walk has gotten closer and pushing the devil away and his negative thoughts is easier. 

I didn't really grow up in a church going household. I use to bum rides from friends and go to their churches. Summer was my favorite time because I could go to all of the vacation bible schools that were around. I mean my parents knew God and thought of themselves as Christian, we just didn't go to one church every Sunday or pray at meals or much at all. It was always something I wanted and struggled with not having. 

When David and I got together we knew we wanted/needed a good church home in our lives. We searched for a few years and finally found the Church we are at now. We love it here and are so thankful to have found it. Our lives, marriage, and family have gotten so much better since really giving ourselves to Him and our Church. It's pretty amazing.

We are still human, though, and make mistakes. I am not at all saying we have become saints, just that my walk is closer and because of that my life is better. 

This was the verse on my phone this morning:


It is so true. 
Reading this verse got me thinking about how far I've come. 
I'm making good progress but still have a long road to walk. 
However, with the Lord with me I will make it. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment